Monday, July 30, 2012

Not the best person

So I'm not the best person in the morning. As much of a morning person as I am, I still am cranky in the morning and want to jump back in bed. For me, I just call myself a morning person because I can't stay awake past 10:30PM.

This morning, my mean girl was out in full force. I did not end up running my planned 5 miles during the weekend. By the time I wake up at 9AM on weekends, it's way too hot to run outside. So I got in 5 miles on the treadmill (9:14/mile pace).

The run itself was good, but I was definitely snarkier than usual. There were these two women walking on the treadmill next to me.

Woman #1 - You should really put up the incline to at least a 0.5. It burns so much more calories.
Woman #2 - Really?
Rena (in her head) - You should really try running. It burns a lot more calories.
I should have totally said "Omg, I love how much calories you are burning. How do you do it?"
I am so nice in the morning. In my defence, Woman# 1 sounded really arrogant like she was better for walking with an incline. People say that running makes you a good person (dedication and good mood and all that), but I feel like I get bitchier when my body is tired. I guess the endorphins can't win over my inner bitch.

Even though I didn't get any runs in, my weekend was awesome! On Saturday, I fit in a zumba class. The only bad thing about the class was that it was a cop out for me. I would have gotten a much better work out if I had run, but I was feeling lazy. But I tried to get a maximum workout  from the zumba. I tried so hard to make each movement big and more of an effort that when the class was over, the woman behind me asked me how long I've been zumba-ing.

After the zumba, I went on a tour of an alligator farm. I figure I have a small window of opportunity to do the tourist thing while Stefan is in Baton Rouge visiting.
I'm sitting on a six foot alligator. I would like to point out that the gator's mouth isn't taped. 
Stefan is trying to eat the baby alligator. He was hungry. 
The tour was fun. The only thing that bothered me was that the tour guide said that the alligators lie out in the sun so that it could soak up the sun and convert that into energy later when the sun isn't out. Unless my schooling has been a lie, I was pretty sure the alligators weren't photosynthetic. I guess it's sort of snarky to think that you know more than the tour guide and I hate to be THAT guy, but I couldn't help it. I didn't say anything, but I felt bad for all the little kids who were eating it up. 

All in all, it was a great weekend. Did you guys do anything fun during the weekend? 

2 comments:

  1. Are you very sure that running is supposed to make you a nicer person? Because it really hasn't affected me. I'm still the bitchiest bitch out there. :-) I never knew that reptiles can use stored energy for later. The only thing that I can think of is that because they are cold-bloodied creatures they stay in the sun to increase their body temperature. And possibly increase their metabolism to help digestion. One of the things that PhD has taught me is to spit scientifically sounding non-facts in a convincing manner :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I don't think that running has made me that much of a nicer person, people still bug me all the time!

    I'm glad you are having fun with Stefan while he is there visiting!

    ReplyDelete