Thursday, November 3, 2011

Trouble with Blogging

The main trouble with blogging is that I have a running blog. Meaning  . . . I have to actually lace up my Brooks and go for a run.
Napping > Running
 And the more I run, the more I feel the need to sign up for races. If I'm going to run 13.1 miles anyways, I may as well make it a race, so that I can get a shiny new medal and feel superior.

But then once you have a medal, it looks very lonely by itself. And two medals are more impressive than one.
Medals weren't meant to be alone. 

The more I run races, the more I'm running. And the more I'm running, the more things I can blog about on my running blog. And the more I blog, more people want to become virtual running, blogging, buddies (hopefully).

And the more people become my friends, the more I need to blog to keep my new friends. And the more I need to blog, the more I need to run in order to have something to write about.

And it's a vicious cycle that I accidentally got swept up in. This is the trouble with blogging. And this is also why I'd probably end up running for the rest of my life.

I hope you guys have a happy, garmin-catching Friday! And if you're thinking about starting a running blog, or already have one, IT'S A TRAP! There's no turning back. So might as well enjoy the ride. 



2 comments:

  1. Haha, good post! I hope you keep blogging so that we can continue to be "virtual running, blogging, buddies".

    I really do think that we should set up a Rochester blogging meet up. Even though I only know of me, you and Ali! I'm sure there are others out there I just haven't found them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with this 100%!

    ReplyDelete