Monday, November 28, 2011

21 Things

Thanksgiving was great. As you probably noticed, I took a complete break. I did some cross-training, but didn't run or blog. Or read blogs. Unfortunately, I became sick during the weekend, so no running for me for a while.

But while I'm not running, Tall Mom, has tagged me to do a 21 things about me post. And since all the cool kids were doing it, I decided to do one.

1. I like fashion, but I lack fashion sense. Good thing I don't own a fashion blog. For some reason, I can't match and pair a good outfit.
I usually have shirt, jeans, and sneakers on. 

2. I am easily inspired by words. So reading blogs about people running is a great motivator for me to keep on running.

3. I am not a huge fan of drinking and that kind of shenanigans. There seems to be a lot of running bloggers who also like a glass of sangria or too. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them. I just dislike the taste, and no matter what I mix it with, I can't get into it. 

4. I am still not sure what I want to do with my life. But graduation is drawing nearer and real life is getting scarier. 

5. I am obsessed with bubble tea. I used to go almost everyday. But the whole no job thing has caused me to cut back. 
If you can't see, I am holding bubble tea. 

6. I enjoy writing creatively. It would be amazing to be a writer, but I don't think I have enough talent to pursue that line of career full time.

7. I first took up running, because I wanted to spend more time with my dad. He told me that I can tag along on his run if I can keep up with him for 20 minutes. This was during elementary school. From then, running was always something that I could do at least for 20 minutes. 

8. I moved a lot. Not as much as someone from a military family, but more than an average person probably. I was born in South Korea. I then moved to NJ, WI, CA, and now I'm in NY. 

9. I love figure skating. I've wanted to do it since high school, but by then I was too old and the lessons were too expensive. Luckily, I go to a college where they offer figure skating classes.
Not very good, but I'm at least comfortable on the ice now. 

10. I dropped out of kindergarten. Yup. I'm a kindergarten drop out. What a delinquent. But I did start up first grade with  my peers after dropping out.

11. I get obsessed with things. Once, I spent an entire week making felt, miniature stuffed animals. I had dozens! I also get obsessed with knitting at least once during the winter. I knit day and night and finish a long scarf in a weekend. I have problems. 

12. I love poetry by Billy Collins. I like poetry that show me a different way to see the world.
Litany might be my favorite work of his. You should check it out.

13. Lately, I've been thinking about where I want to settle down and develop my career on the basis of which city has the best races. Obsess much?

14. My favorite animals are giraffes. Don't know why. But I love them. I now have a quite sizable collection of them.

15.One of the best parts about Christmas is going to see the Christmas decorations on houses with my family. I just have happy memories of walking down streets lit up by cheery lights and decorations.

16. I would love to have a dog once I settle down in one place. Right now, the top contender is a shiba inu.
I love the way that they smile. I love using pinterest to get my shiba fill for the day. 

17. I have dreams of one day taking gymnastics classes. One of the things that I'd love to be able to do before death is to do a front and back hand spring. I also want to be a good dancer before I die, but the hand spring thing is probably easier.
I'd love to be able to do this. But the closest I can get to dancing like a pro is looking up photos on pinterest. 

18. I love it when people give me their insights on life and their way of living. I find them so inspiring and useful. 

19.  I dislike mysteries unless it's a Sherlock type of mystery. I find Sherlock logic fascinating and admirable. I'm not as big of a fan of finding who murdered whom with use of DNA tests and etc. 

20. I am stubborn and have a hard time listening to others. (At least I know it? So that I can fix it?) When I was 7 and all my other friends wanted to be a nurse, I wanted to be a doctor so that I'd be in charge. 

21. I am a fairly reserved person. Finding 21 things about myself was very difficult. I just couldn't find anything interesting that I thought others might find interesting or at least quirky. 

And now I'm tagging, the most recent people to comment on my blog. Since I'm not quite sure who reads my blog regularly. 

And whoever is reading this post! 

Have a great Monday!


4 comments:

  1. Haha Tall mom tagged me too! So I will do it today for sure since you both tagged me :)

    Shiba Inus are so cute, we have seen a few around Rochester when we go out with Bernie. There are two that go to his dog park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for tagging me! I'll do this on my blog this week! :) I'm not big on drinking either. The taste-yuck! I'd rather have iced tea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, this is a great post. I'm totally with you on hating the taste of alcohol. When I don't drink, people always assume it's for some grand reason and never believe that I just freaking hate the taste of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new blog layout!! Though I think you should make the comment font darker - I can just barely read it.

    I didn't know you lived in WI! The things you learn. Also, thanks for reawakening both my shiba inu passion and my bubble tea passion. Sorry to say, you didn't awake any passion for poetry though :P

    ReplyDelete