Saturday, December 17, 2011

Back in California

After a hectic few days of packing and flying, I am finally back home with my family in California on winter break. Which means back to regularly scheduled programming of running and blogging.

Yesterday, to celebrate my first day of being home and because my parents insist on waking me up before 7AM on breaks, I went for a first morning run in a while.
It's hard to look happy when tired. 
I ambitiously thought I would do 4miles. But then almost immediately, I started having stomach cramps and felt super thirsty.

I also sped off at 8:07/mile pace for the first mile. My body was probably thinking "Yay flat road and sea level elevation," instead of remembering the month of little running. I stopped a few times during the rest of the run to slow the pace and to stretch out the heaviness out of my legs. In the end, I covered 3.2 miles at 8:28/mile pace which is a great pace for me. But probably not a good idea.

Today, I was planning on running, but my parents convinced me to go get lessons from a family friend for tennis. So no morning run, but tennis was a harder work out than I thought.
Yeah, I'm wearing the same top. But it's been washed, I promise
Not as good as running, but cross training is always good, right?

I hope everyone's having a good weekend! And having less of a trouble with training. 

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time at home, Rena!

    I love to play tennis, we haven't played in awhile though and I'm not very good. It's good to take some time off from running and let your body do something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tennis as cross training! Too bad it is freaking snowing all winter so we can't really play outside!

    ReplyDelete