Sunday, February 26, 2012

# Winning

My week was busy and stressful hence the lull in blogging. But at least I have things to do, so I should feel lucky. Right? Also, while my week has been less than stellar in the academic department, there were good things in there too. So here are the things that I won at:

1. Getting my long run in on Friday
I got in 12 miles at 10:44/mile pace with the bf and two others. This left my weekend free to not stress about waking up early. It was cold, rainy, and miserable, but I was so glad to be done. I promptly then went to bed on a Friday night. 

2. Finally breaking 30 miles for the week
I know, it's weird that I never have broken 30 miles for a week throughout my training. I think it's because I never get enough runs in during the week. It's sad that I've never broken 30 miles in the 8 months that I've been running. It's finally happened!
This week, I actually ran out my feelings. And the roads didn't care that I was stressed out and grouchy. 
3. February is so far the second highest mileage month
Despite it being the middle of semester and a shorter month, so far, it's the second highest mileage month with 86 miles. I still have time to get in some more mileage and make it the highest month ever! 

4. Finally remembered to buy trail mix supplies. 
AKA, I bought M&Ms and non brand honey bunches of oats. The granola and the M&Ms are my only favorite parts of a trail mix. 
I've been trying very hard to not just pick out the M&Ms. 
5. Went to Chipotle
Now that I'm graduating, there's a newly built Chipotle near my school. But am totally going to take advantage of it for the next few months. Chicken burrito? Yes please! Unfortunately, the line's about thirty minutes long because everyone and their mother is there. 

6. Nerding out with friends
Everyone putting on glasses and being a nerdy engineer.
Have a great Monday everyone! What was #winning about your week? 


9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new miles for the week record!! And getting in a lot of miles in February is great- especially since it's a short month.

    Love the nerd-out pic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, I can run even farther in March!

      Delete
  2. Congrat's on breaking 30 miles. It was such a big deal to me, the first time I did that!!!

    And Chipolte is the bomb!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! It felt far, which is worrying. How am I supposed to run a marathon if 12 miles feels far

      Delete
  4. Great job on your miles! I don't think I've done above 30 miles yet! (Most likely will soon though).

    Chipotle is so good! We do like Moe's better though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been to Moe's. I'm loyal to Chipotle. :D

      Delete
  5. sounds like a good week to me! :-) I hope this week keeps the #winning strike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope your week is the awesome start to your trend turnaround!

      Delete