Saturday, January 14, 2012

Friday the 13th

I've had a pretty bad couple of days with personal stuff, but I think Friday the 13th was the last day of bad luck. Knock on wood!

One bad thing was that I couldn't get contacts. I learned that at the eye glass place I go to, the doctor won't prescribe me contacts because of a cornea ulcer I had two years ago. It resulted in a scar in the left cornea so he wanted to make sure I didn't hurt my right cornea. Meaning, I will now always have awkward race photos with bouncy glasses.

But I guess things could be worse. I could be blind. Glasses is infinitely better than that.
Glasses aren't so bad with a witch's hat. 
Even though it's upsetting, I'm going to try to stay positive. And I do most of my training runs with glasses anyways so it shouldn't be that  much of a problem tomorrow. 

Tomorrow will be my first race with glasses. If the day is bright, I might try out the prescription sunglasses I just got. 
Picked up my bib! I love picking up race packets. It's just as fun as the race without any pressure. 
Wish me luck tomorrow! And good luck to everyone running tomorrow! We can all reach our goals. Does anyone here run races with glasses? It's not that bad, right? 

6 comments:

  1. I don't think a fair weather race with glasses would be bad at all! I have a pair I wear sometimes for training, when my eyes are too tired for contacts.

    BEST WISHES in your race!!!

    BTW, I think I will work on that training plan post. Good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your race!

    I don't need a prescription, but I have run with sunglasses. Definitely doable. You will probably want a hat with a brim when it's rainy or snowy though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck today, I know you will do great and Happy Birthday!

    No glasses here, but I do have contacts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i run in glasses for shorter runs, but for anything that is 90 mins or longer i put on contacts...or if it's really hot out...the slipping and sliding drives me crazy! good luck on your run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, I don't have glasses so I could be wrong, but can't you just race without them? I mean, just avoid the blurs and watch for curbs :)

    ReplyDelete