Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

There's nothing like kicking off the New Year with a great 12 miles run! Since I've last posted, I've been trying to spend time with my family and friends and run more in preparation for my third half marathon.
I helped the aca dec team prepare their speeches for county competition.  AKA played and took photos while the other alumni did the commenting and improving their speeches. 

And since it's the new year, I felt compelled to take a moment out of family celebration to write about some of my goals.

One huge goal that I have for 2012 is to run a  marathon. Lofty? Yes. But it's something that I've always wanted to do. Before I started running in June, my resolution was always to lose weight. But my fitness goal this year is to run a marathon. And if that goal makes me eat bucketfuls of pasta and more than my considerably taller bf, then so be it.
Like this lovely bowl of frozen yogurt. I even made it healthy with fruit. 
Another goal that I have is to love the training. I am a big fan of junk miles. In fact, for my third half, majority of my training is turning out to be junk miles. I get too stressed out about trying to meet paces and having a tough workout. I want to reach a better balance between hard workouts and fun runs. My main priority is to love running despite the rigors of training. This one is sort of not a great goal, because there's no photo to be had here. And also no way for me to really measure progress.

Blogging regularly. That's a good goal, right? There's been tons of times when I wanted to quit running and blogging. But I realized that blogging makes me take lots of photos. Random ones, but still photos. I come from a minimal photo family. All the photos from the first decade of my life fills up half an album. But now I have tons of photos.
In fact, I bet I have half an album full of just pictures of my puppy. AKA my parents' puppy. 

Find a running buddy. Self explanatory. It's hard to go out for a run when I'm by myself. Probably because of the fact that I have low self will. And I don't LOVE running like other bloggers who just love it and can't live without it. 
Yeah we all look weird. And you can hardly see my brother at the back.. He's covered by my cousin and me.  I took them on their first four miler since the summer. 
Do the 100 push ups challenge. I really want to be able to do 100 push ups at once. Because I can't even do one full on boy push up. My arm strength leaves much to be desired.

Find a job. Not fitness related, but very relevant. No job, no races. Or shoes. Or a garmin when mine dies out. 
I also need a job to get my own puppy. Or steal this one. I would definitely steal this one from my parents. 

Yay! Now let's go out and work out the resolutions! What's your one big resolution? 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Rena! Just found your blog! Great running, girl! When I was running halves I swore I would never do a whole. The challenge was way to appealing so I got my first 26.2 in last October. Now I heading out for #2 in Houston on 1/15. Believe me, if I can do it so can you!! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 Push up challenge is a good goal!! I probably should do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dog is so beautiful! I would want to steal him too :)

    One day you'll love running and not be able to live without it. It's a sickness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to do the 100 push up challenge before our wedding, that never happened haha! I should do that though since I have strength train twice a week as one of my goals (push-ups are considered strength training right?)

    If you ever are in Rochester you need to run with me and Mike (you two would kick my butt, but oh well). Another goal of mine is to train with more runners!

    And like you, I AM going to run a marathon this year! We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my big goal is take swimming lessons! i don't know how to swim and i'm scared witless...lol! awesome goal to do your first marathon!

    ReplyDelete